An update on the classic apple crisp, with the addition of tart cranberries.
Cranberry Apple Crisp
- 3/4 cup quick rolled oats
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 6 apples
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier liqueur
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine rolled oats, brown sugar, flour and butter in food processor. Whirl until crumbly.
- Add pecans and whirl until they are coarsely chopped and blended in.
- Peel and core apples and cut into thin slices. Combine in casserole dish with cranberries.
- Drizzle Grand Marnier over apple mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle over apple mixture in casserole and toss to combine evenly.
- Sprinkle topping over apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 50 to 55 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Serve warm, topped with ice cream if desired.