Another variation of the upside down pudding genre – this one with a nice orange sauce. These puddings fascinated me when I was young, because you put the sauce ingredients on the top, but when it came out of the oven, the sauce was on the bottom – magic!
Upside Down Pudding
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add the milk, vanilla, and melted butter, and stir to blend.
- Pour into an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish.
- Mix the white and brown sugars together. Sprinkle evenly over top of the batter.
- Evenly pour the orange juice over top of all.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 35 minutes. Serve warm.