I like coffee cakes for breakfast on the weekend, and this one is great for the Christmas season. Well, it’s good anytime really – buy fresh cranberries when they are in season and freeze them (just put the bag of fresh cranberries in the freezer) to make this later on too! It’s nice to make for a brunch or a morning coffee get together.
Cranberry Streusel Coffee Cake
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 cups cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- For streusel: mix together brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Blend in butter until crumbly. Set aside.
- For cake: cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture, alternately with sour cream or yogurt.
- Spread in a greased 9 inch tube pan.
- Cover with cranberries, and sprinkle the streusel on top.
- Bake for about 55 minutes.
- Remove from pan, and serve warm.
So glad I found this recipe! So delicious! Been asked couple times for the recipe from friends who wanted to make for themselves.