Great tasting healthy choice pancakes. Serve as desired: we like them with fresh fruit and a little maple syrup.
Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup canola oil or melted butter
- In a large bowl, combine flour, ground flax seed, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, buttermilk and canola oil.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Heat griddle or frying pan and spray with non-stick spray. Pour in about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook on both sides until brown and remove to a plate to keep warm. Makes about 12 pancakes.