Better than plain French toast – easier too! Would also be good made with raisin bread.
Baked Apple French Toast
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 2 apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 loaf French bread sliced
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- The night before: melt butter, stir in brown sugar and syrup. Spread in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Arrange apple slices over top.
- Place bread slices over top of apples.
- Beat eggs until light. Add milk and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, until bread is golden brown. Serve with syrup.