Similar to the expensive stuff you buy, this is easy and fun to make. Pack in fancy tins to give as a nice gift. You can use whatever nuts you like (or even none if you don’t like nuts). You can also make Hawaiian style by adding pineapple chunks (well drained) with the nuts.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- Nuts as desired
- Mix brown sugar, butter and corn syrup together in a saucepan. Heat to boiling and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream of tartar and baking soda. It will foam up.
- Put the popcorn and nuts on a cookie sheet. Pour the sugar mixture over.
- Bake at 300 degrees F. for about 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Remove from the oven, cool, and break apart.