My brother Stephen was well known, and very popular, for making big batches of Nuts and Bolts for the holidays. You can vary the ingredients to your taste. I like to add cheese sticks (or Goldfish crackers).
Nuts and Bolts
- 1 small box Shreddies
- 1 small box Cheerios
- 1 lb. mixed nuts
- 1 package pretzels
- 1 cup peanut oil or Crisco oil
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Combine cereals, nuts, and pretzels together in a large roasting pan.
- Mix oil and seasonings together. Pour over the cereal mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 200 degrees F. for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Cool and pack in containers to store. Can be frozen.