I saw a recipe in Everyday With Rachel Ray magazine for a cranberry port gelatin dish made in a jelly mold. This gave me the idea of making a jelly to use up some of the port wine I had made a couple years ago at the wine making shop. It turned out great!
Cranberry Port Jelly
- 8 cups cranberries fresh or frozen
- 5 cups ruby port wine
- 3 cups water
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 pouch liquid pectin
- Place cranberries into a large stockpot. Add port and water. Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and pour into jelly bag (or cheesecloth) and allow juice to drain through into a bowl. (for clear jelly do not squeeze)
- Measure 6 cups of prepared juice into a large saucepan. Add sugar and stir. Bring to full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in pectin. Stir and skim foam for 5 minutes.
- Pour into warm, sterilized jars and seal. Let stand at room temperature until set. Makes about 8 cups jelly.