If you are like me and you would rather eat the cookie dough than bake the cookies, these yummy morsels are for you! They say you should not eat cookie dough because eating raw eggs is not safe (although I admit this has never stopped me.) This cookie dough is made without any eggs, since it is actually meant to be eaten raw. These are great as a holiday treat, but I must confess I make them all year round!
Gluten Free Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk e.g. Eagle Brand
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free flour see note
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Combine butter, brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk in mixer bowl. Beat until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- Add almond flour and mix to combine. Add remaining gluten free flour and mix to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place in refrigerator or freezer for an hour or so until dough is firm enough to roll.
- Roll dough into small balls - I use my small cookie scoop to scoop out the dough - and place on wax paper lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for an hour or so until the balls are firm.
- Melt chocolate and shortening together in microwave.
- Place a chilled cookie dough ball on a fork and dip in the chocolate to coat. Remove from chocolate and shake off excess chocolate.
- Using a second fork, slide the ball off the first fork onto a wax paper coated cookie sheet. Continue until all balls are coated. If the chocolate gets cool and too thick, reheat it for a few seconds in the microwave.
- Place cookie sheet in the fridge for a few minutes to completely harden the chocolate. Store in a covered container in the fridge.