Here’s what we used to do: we would open both ends of the can of jellied cranberry sauce, so we could get it to slide out onto a serving dish intact in its can shape! This is better – and it’s very quick and easy.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat, and bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring often, until thick - about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Serve warm or cold as desired.