A cheese ball was “it” in the 50’s and 60’s for posh entertaining. We used to make this at Christmas time when I was a kid. They have kind of fallen out of favour, but this is still plenty tasty!
- 2 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimento
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash of red pepper sauce
- Dash of salt
- Chopped pecans
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature.
- Combine cream cheese and cheddar cheese in food processor, and blend until smooth. Add all the remaining ingredients, except pecans, and mix well. Chill for several hours.
- Shape into a ball or a log, and roll in pecans.
- Serve with crackers.
I found this recipe back in 2006, and has become a holiday favorite.
One of the best and easiest appetizers around.
I recently lost some of my printed recipes but after some searching just found the beloved Cheese Ball !