I have never been a big raisin fan, but these are good anyways. And if you like raisins you’ll really like them!
Rum and Raisin Shortbread
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Soften butter to room temperature.
- Combine raisins and rum in a small saucepan, and bring to boil (can also do in microwave). Remove from heat and let stand for about an hour. Drain.
- Cream butter and sugar. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder, and blend into creamed mixture. Stir in drained raisins.
- Chill dough if necessary. Roll out to 1/4 inch and cut out cookies with a cookie cutter. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for about 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove to a rack or plate to cool.