A fairly new addition to my Christmas cookie collection, these are like a fancy chocolate chip cookie. You can make Chocolate Chip Shortbread by using a package of bittersweet (or semi-sweet) chocolate chips instead of chopped chocolate chunks.
Chocolate Chunk Shortbread
- 2 cups butter
- 1 cup icing confectioners' sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Soften butter to room temperature.
- Coarsely chop chocolate into chunks and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour and cornstarch and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate and pecan chunks.
- Drop dough in heaping tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet, about an inch apart. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool slightly and remove from pan.