From my Mom’s recipe archive – a great addition to the Christmas cookie lineup. Very tasty with the combination of chocolate and coffee, rolled in nuts.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Cream butter, add sugar and cream together until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Stir in chocolate and vanilla.
- Mix together remaining ingredients, except walnuts. Stir in to the creamed mixture. Chill dough several hours or overnight.
- Take a teaspoon of dough and form a ball. Roll in walnuts. Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 minutes.