This is my favorite fudge. I don’t like nuts in my fudge, so I make it without them, and with the lightest brown sugar I can find. Yummy!
Brown Sugar Fudge
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk e.g. Carnation
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts optional
- Mix sugar, salt, syrup, butter and Carnation milk together in a large saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the soft ball stage is reached (236 degrees F. on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in vanilla and nuts if using. Beat until thick and creamy.
- Turn into buttered pan (7 inch square or 8 inch round), cool, and cut into squares.