This is my attempt at a homemade “Viva Puff” (a commercial chocolate covered marshmallow cookie). I think they turned out great!
Chocolate Puff Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Raspberry jelly
- 15 large marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup 10% cream
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup icing confectioners' sugar
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In mixer bowl, combine butter and sugars and beat. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 300 degrees F. until slightly underdone, about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon about a half teaspoon of jelly over each cookie.
- Cut marshmallows in half and place one half, cut side down, over jelly on cookie. Return to oven and bake for 3 more minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool completely on wire rack.
- Prepare frosting: melt chocolate chips in microwave or on stove. Stir until smooth.
- Add cream, butter and vanilla and stir to combine. Stir in icing sugar and stir until smooth.
- Spread frosting over each cookie, covering marshamllow. Let stand until set.