Moist delicious squares – they taste like pumpkin pie! Nice for a Thanksgiving or fall treat.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can 14 oz. pumpkin
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups icing confectioners' sugar
- In a large mixer bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Beat in eggs. Add pumpkin and stir to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine flour with the remaining dry ingredients. Stir together, then add to the creamed mixture. Stir to blend.
- Spread in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove from oven, and allow to cool.
- Beat cream cheese and butter together, until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Spread over the cooled cake, chill and cut into squares.