A tasty homemade granola bar that does not call for peanut butter. You can vary the ingredients to suit your taste.
Honey Granola Bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil or melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, brown sugar, wheat germ, flour, ground flax seed, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips, dried cranberries and walnuts (or other add-ins of your choice)
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, egg, canola oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly in a greased 9 x 13" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, until they start to turn slightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly and then cut into bars or squares.