I made these for my friend Greg, whose favorite dessert is pecan pie. He took them in to his office, and I got an e-mail from Sandy, saying “Can we have some more? Please, please, please!!”
Chocolate Pecan Squares
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine butter and egg yolk in a mixing bowl. Add flour and icing sugar. Press into a greased 8 inch square pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until slightly foamy.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, and salt. Stir into the eggs until blended.
- Beat in the corn syrup and lemon juice. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Spread over the base. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is set and the edges are browned. Cut into squares when cold.