I made these bars for my wedding.
Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup icing confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 packages 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put flour and sugar in food processor.
- Cut butter into cubes. Turn food processor on and gradually add butter cubes. Process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press mixture into bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In mixer bowl combine cream cheese and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat to combine.
- Pour mixture over baked crust. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees F.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs and sugar. Whisk in remaining ingredients.Pour over partially baked cheesecake layer.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until filling is set.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Sprinkle icing (confectioners) sugar over top if desired. Cut into bars and store in fridge.
- They can be frozen.