Tomato aspic is not the favorite of anyone in our family, but you might like it. This recipe can be doubled if you really like tomato aspic, or if you are serving a crowd. It is a traditional dish for special occasion dinners and potlucks.
Tomato Aspic Salad
- 1 can 10 oz. tomato soup
- 1 package 3 oz. lemon Jello
- 1 package 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salad dressing Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- Heat tomato soup (undiluted) in a small saucepan, or in the microwave. Add the lemon jello and stir to dissolve.
- Put tomato soup mixture into food processor bowl with cream cheese, salad dressing, and vinegar. Process until smooth.
- Add vegetables to the soup mixture and stir (by hand) to mix in. Pour into a serving bowl or mold and refrigerate.