This is very good, with a nice mellow apple taste.
Apple Walnut Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups apples peeled, cored and diced
- Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon together. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sour cream and eggs. Pour all at once into the dry mixture and beat until the batter is smooth. Stir in apple.
- Spoon batter in a greased 9 inch tube cake pan. Sprinkle the topping mixture over.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 to 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the cake to loosen, and remove from pan.