A nice refreshing dessert. You can make it ahead, the day before serving too. Don’t whip the topping whip cream until shortly before serving in that case. Or you can eliminate the whip cream topping and garnish with mandarin orange slices (for a lower fat version).
Mandarin Orange Pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 can 10 oz. mandarin oranges, drained
- Mix graham wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter together. Spread in the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. Refrigerate.
- Mix gelatine with cold water. Stir in boiling water. Add sugar and stir to dissolve. Stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until it starts to thicken.
- Whip cream until thick. Fold half of the whipped cream into the gelatine mixture, until blended. Fold in the mandarin oranges. Spoon into the crumb crust. Top with the remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate 3 - 4 hours.