This was one of my favorite summertime desserts when I was a kid. We used to make it for outdoor summer get togethers.
Aloha Pineapple Squares
- 2 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups icing confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 can 19 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
- Mix graham wafer crumbs, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Reserve 3/4 cup of this mixture for topping. Press the rest into an 8 x 12 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 12 minutes. Cool.
- With mixer cream butter and icing sugar. Add egg yolks and beat until light. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff. Fold in pineapple. Spread over the second layer in the pan. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Chill for several hours or overnight. Cut into squares to serve.