This is a pretty dessert. We used to make it back home with raspberries (frozen from the previous year’s crop from the garden) and raspberry jelly powder. It was a picnic favorite.
- 1 1/2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 strawberry jelly powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package 10 oz. frozen sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream whipped
- Mix graham wafer crumbs, sugar and melted butter together. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the crumbs and spread the rest in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Mix jelly powder and boiling water. Chill until slightly set, then stir in the strawberries. Pour over the crumb crust.
- Melt the marshmallows and milk together. Let cool. Fold in the whipped cream. Spread over the strawberry layer.
- Top with the reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cut into squares to serve.