I think this is my husband’s favourite dessert, he requests it often (and it goes so quickly I have never manage to get a picture of it! If you used key limes you would have an unbaked version of Key Lime Pie, but whatever kind of limes you use, it is a light and refreshing dessert.
Creamy Lime Pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tub 8 oz/250 g whipped cream cheese
- 1 can 300 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 1 envelope Dream Whip dessert topping
- Combine graham wafer crumbs and melted margarine. Pat in 9 inch pie pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in beater bowl and beat until light and creamy. Stir in lime juice and rind. Pour into prepared crust, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours, until firm.
- Just before serving, prepare Dream Whip topping as directed on the package. Spread topping over the filling, slice and serve. Makes 8 servings.