This is an easy and delicious fancy coffee flavored dessert. (In case you hadn’t noticed, I am really fond of coffee!) Great for a party or potluck dinner.
Mocha Angel Dessert
- 1 package butterscotch pudding mix not instant
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 angel food cake
- 3 Coffee Crisp chocolate bars
- 2 1/2 cups whipping cream whipped
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- Mix pudding mix and water together in a medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in coffee powder and vanilla. Cool.
- Cut angel food cake into 1 inch pieces.
- Crush Coffee Crisp bars in food processor.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the cooled pudding, and stir in the liqueur. Fold in the angel food cake pieces.
- Assemble in a nice glass dessert bowl. Start with a layer of 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Top with 1/3 of the crushed Coffee Crisp bars. Then another layer of pudding, another layer of Coffee Crisp, the remaining pudding, and the remaining Coffee Crisp. Top with the reserved whipped cream. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.