Impress your dinner guests with a simple dessert made fancy with an elegant presentation: when you take the waxed paper off of the dish it appears like a baked souffle that has risen above the pan!
Frozen Coffee Souffle
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- In a large bowl with electric mixer beat the eggs and egg yolks. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff. Fold whip cream and liqueur into the egg mixture.
- Prepare 8 individual souffle dishes (or 3 1/2 inch ramekins): cut strips of wax paper about 2 1/2 inches wide. Wrap around the souffle dish so that it comes about 1 1/2 inches above the top. Tape in place.
- Pour the souffle mixture into each dish so it comes near the top of the waxed paper.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Remove the wax paper to serve. Top with a dusting of cocoa or chocolate shavings.