This makes a great chicken salad sandwich, or serve scoops over salad greens as a main course salad.
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken pieces
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 red pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper finely chopped
- 1 apple cored and chopped
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- Put chicken in a large saucepan. Add chicken broth. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and allow to cool. Discard the skin and bones. Chop the chicken meat into small pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, mustard and olive oil. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add peppers, apple, celery, and onion to the bowl with the chicken. Pour the mayonnaise mixture over and toss to combine.
- Chill for several hours or overnight.