This recipe is from Jenny Gerow, my friend Sharon’s mom. I don’t remember, but I guess I must have first had it at their house and brought the recipe home. We used to make it all the time when I was a kid, and really it is still one of my favorites.
3 Bean Salad
- 1 can 10 oz. green beans
- 1 can 10 oz. yellow beans
- 1 can 14 oz. kidney beans
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 medium Spanish onion chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash cayenne
- Drain beans. Combine in a large bowl with green pepper and onion.
- Make dressing: in a small saucepan combine the sugar, vinegar, oil and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat to melt the sugar.
- Pour dressing over the beans and toss to mix all together. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.