A classic salad, fancy enough for special occasions and for potluck meals, but simple enough for every day. I use light mayonnaise and yogurt instead of whipping cream for a lower fat version.
- 1 green apple Granny Smith
- 2 red apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted walnuts
- Core and dice apples. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add celery and grapes to the apples and toss.
- Combine mayonnaise and cream. Pour over apple mixture and toss to combine.
- Refrigerate until serving time. It can be served right away or made a few hours in advance.
- Just before serving add walnuts and toss to mix.