This is one of my favorite pasta salads. Fresh basil and parsley are growing in the garden, so it only takes minutes to whip it up – and it is so good. The sauce is like a creamy pesto sauce.
Creamy Herbed Pasta Salad
- 1 package 12 oz - 375 g. short pasta (e.g. penne)
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup firmly packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 4 green onions chopped
- Combine Cook pasta and drain. Rinse with cold water. Put in a large bowl.
- Put basil, parsley, and Parmesan cheese in food processor. Chop finely.
- Add cottage cheese, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, pepper and stock to the food processor. Puree until the mixture is smooth.
- Add chopped pepper and onions to the pasta. Pour the sauce over and mix together.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.