A nice refreshing salad.You can prepare the salad dressing early in the day, or even a day or two before serving, and store it in the refrigerator. Add it to the salad immediately before serving, or even have it on the side.
Mandarin Almond Salad
- 2/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 can 10 oz. mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Prepare dressing: in a small bowl mix vinegar, tarragon, honey, mustard, and salt and pepper. Whisk with a wire whisk to combine. Slowly add oil while continuing to whisk. Mix to blend well.
- In a large bowl, tear the lettuce into bite sized pieces. Add the celery, parsley, onions and mandarin oranges. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad, and sprinkle the almonds over top.