This is my favorite coleslaw recipe. For a quick salad, you can “cheat” and use this dressing with a pack of precut coleslaw vegetables from the supermarket. Then it hardly takes any time at all to prepare.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small onion grated
- 1 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup salad dressing Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Toss cabbage, onion, carrot and parsley until well mixed.
- In a small bowl mix the oil, vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar and seasonings. Stir to mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss gently to mix.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.