I like asparagus, and I make this quite often. It is similar to guacamole, but low fat. A great spring appetizer.
- 1 bunch asparagus 1 pound
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash hot sauce optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- Cook asparagus until very tender. Drain and rinse under cold water to cool. Pat dry. Chop into large pieces, and put in food processor.
- Add tomato, onion, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and hot sauce. Process until smooth. Add sour cream and whirl briefly to blend. Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before serving to let the flavours blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips to dip.