These are really tasty. You can top the cookies with chopped pecans or pistachios if desired, before baking. Use fancy cookie cutter shapes for a festive appetizer.
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated old cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- Combine butter, mustard, and pepper in food processor, and whirl to combine. Add cheese and whirl again to mix.
- Add flour and pulse just until blended.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface, to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with desired small cookie cutter and transfer to cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom.