An individual appetizer that is not too much trouble to make, thanks to the frozen tart shells. Tourtiere is a French Canadian meat pie that is traditionally served on Christmas eve. So an appetizer version is great for a Christmas party.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 21 frozen mini tart shells
- In a medium saucepan, combine onion, water, pork, and seasonings. Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring often, until pork is cooked and onion soft. Drain any excess fat.
- Combine egg and sour cream together. Stir into the meat mixture.
- Arrange tart shells on a baking sheet. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the meat mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for 8 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees, and bake for about another 14 minutes, until the pastry is golden. Serve immediately.