Meatballs are always a popular appetizer. Serve them with fancy frilly toothpicks to pick them up with. To make ahead, bake them early in the day. Reheat in the microwave before serving – or serve them up in a slow cooker to keep them warm.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire sauce
- Combine all meatball ingredients and shape into small meatballs - about 1 inch in diameter. Place in a single layer in a 9 x 13" baking pan.
- Combine sauce ingredients. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F. for 45 to 60 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving dish. Serve immediately.