I make this in large batches when there are too many ripe tomatoes in the garden to eat. I just add more of everything, and then freeze it in meal-size portions.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 cups fresh tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 can 13 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add tomatoes, seasonings, tomato paste and wine. Bring to a boil and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve with pasta, or cool and freeze.