A tasty pasta sauce. You can use sweet or hot Italian sausages as you prefer. And you can use it with any type of pasta you have on hand too.
Rigatoni With Sausage Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 Italian sausages
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 can 28 oz. tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Rigatoni pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Remove sausage meat from casing, break up and add to pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and basil and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until evaporated. Add tomatoes and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni pasta. Combine sauce and pasta and place in a serving dish. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired. Makes 4 servings.