Something a little different, also quick and easy – pasta topped with a chili sauce! You can serve this sauce with any pasta you like instead of rigatoni.
Rigatoni With Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red or green pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can 28 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 1 can 5 1/2 oz. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- Rigatoni pasta
- Grated cheddar cheese and sour cream
- Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion, garlic, pepper and chili powder. Cook and stir until onion is soft.
- Add ground beef to the pan and cook until the meat is browned. Drain off fat.
- Add oregano, tomatoes, tomato paste, and wine. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook rigatoni pasta. Serve sauce over pasta. Top with cheddar cheese and a spoonful of sour cream if desired. Makes 4 to 6 servings.