Tomato cream sauces are very nice – this version is lower fat with the use of evaporated milk in place of heavy cream. You can substitute spaghetti or other pasta of your choice for linguini.
Linguini With Creamy Chicken Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can 28 oz. tomatoes
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Linguini pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add ground chicken, onion and garlic. Cook until meat is browned. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add basil, oregano and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Mix evaporated milk and cornstarch together. Stir in to the tomato sauce and heat.
- Meanwhile, cook linguini pasta. Drain and add to the tomato mixture, along with Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss and serve. Top with additional Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.