A very quick and easy dish, when you need dinner in a hurry. Good with any flat pasta like fettuccine, too, if you don’t have farfalle.
Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white wine
- 1 cup plain yogurt or light sour cream
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Farfalle pasta
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large frying pan. Add mushrooms and basil and cook for about 5 minutes, until mushrooms are soft.
- Add lemon juice or wine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir in yogurt. Heat through but do not boil. Stir in Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook farfalle pasta. Serve sauce over pasta, and top with additional Parmesan cheese. Makes 4 servings.