A great brownie recipe inspired by a fancy specialty coffee! You can use cold coffee in the icing in place of liqueur if you prefer.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 2 cups icing confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- Melt butter and chocolate together. Add coffee powder. Stir in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt, mix well.
- Add flour and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for about 40 minutes. Cool completely before icing.
- In a small bowl beat the butter until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in icing sugar, and continue beating until smooth. Beat in liqueur to combine.
- Spread icing over the cooled brownies. Sprinkle cinnamon over top. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.