These are very good, more like a dessert than a square. I was planning to drizzle melted chocolate over the cheesecake layer, but the top got kind of brown so I made the ganache icing instead.
Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 package 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 squares semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Melt butter and chocolate together. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light. Stir in the flour and baking powder, and the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk and flour. Stir in chopped chocolate. Spread over brownie layer in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40 - 45 minutes. Cool.
- Combine sugar, cream and vanilla in a small saucepan. Stir to blend. Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate and butter. Stir until chocolate has melted and mixture is slightly cooled and thick enough to spread.
- Pour over cooled cake. Chill and cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.