Mmmm, chocolate and coffee make an elegant dessert square. You could top squares with a chocolate covered expresso bean instead of the chocolate drizzle.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 6 squares semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 12 oz. cream cheese softened (1-8 oz., 1-4 oz. package)
- 1 cup icing confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 2 eggs
- 1 square semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Melt butter and chocolate together. Stir in coffee and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix flour and baking powder together.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until light. Stir in the flour mixture, and the cooled chocolate mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Chill for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, icing sugar, coffee powder, coffee liqueur and eggs. Beat at low speed with electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour over brownie layer.
- Bake at 325 degrees F. for 30 minutes, until the cream cheese layer is set. Cool. Melt chocolate and butter together. Drizzle over top of the cake. Chill and cut in squares. Store in refrigerator.