Try this great German chocolate cake topping on top of a rich brownie base.
German Chocolate Brownies
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Melt butter and chocolate together. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Blend in sugar. Add chocolate mixture and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 15 to 18 minutes. Cool.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Stir in cream and coconut.
- Spread over the cooled cake. Preheat broiler.
- Place brownies under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until topping is bubbly. Cool and cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.