I love these gluten-free gingerbread balls, but one day I wanted to make them grain-free as well. This is the result.
Grain-Free Gingerbread Balls
- 2 cups walnut pieces
- 1 cup Unsweetened flaked coconut or 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups pitted Medjool dates 350 g
- Place walnuts and flaked coconut (if using) in food processor. Blend until finely ground.
- Add coconut flour (if using) and spices and whirl to combine.
- Add molasses and dates and blend until mixture sticks together to form a ball.
- Form dough into small balls - I use my small cookie scoop to portion out the dough - and place on platter or baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place in the fridge until firm, then transfer to a covered container and store in the fridge.
- These keep well and can also be frozen.