I tried making cookies using only almond flour – but they spread all over the pan, and didn’t really have the cookie texture I was looking for. So I came up with this recipe that includes coconut flour, and they turned out great.
Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 90 grams coconut flour
- 200 grams almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Whisk in melted butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill the batter for 1/2 hour. This allows the flours to absorb the wet ingredients and firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheet. I use a medium cookie scoop to portion out the cookies, and I pressed down on each cookie to flatten it into a cookie shape - they don't flatten during baking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool before removing from the baking pan.
- Best served fresh, but they can also be frozen.