One day my husband and I were at the grocery store and bought a package of “Happy Colon” cookies – they were marketed as being high fiber and promoting regularity. My husband really liked them for the health benefits. Looking at the ingredients, I thought “I can make something like this.” This is what I came up with – and my husband eats one every day. If you need it, they are a good way to get some extra fiber in your diet, and they taste great too! They are gluten, grain and dairy free.
Flax Fiber Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups ground flax
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup collagen peptides
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped preserved ginger, or raisins, cranberries, chopped dates optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flax, almond flour, collagen peptides, salt, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, honey and molasses.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk or stir to combine.
- Stir in your dried fruit if using.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet – I use a medium cookie scoop. Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cook and remove from cookie sheet.